Let's review, shall we?
Things That Have Gotten WORSE Since Obama Became President
1. The U.S. stock market has plumetted to a six-year low. But, hey, it's only your retirement money, right?
2. Nationalization of banks has become a serious possibility. America, the new banana republic.
3. Obama has backed three MASSIVE new spending initiatives (the $787 billion stimulus bill, the trillion-dollar financial stability initiative and the $275 billion mortgage assistance program). A trillion here, a trillion there -- but who's counting?
4. Hundreds of thousands of classic children's books (children's books printed before the early 1980s) are being destroyed all across the country because they may contain miniscule traces of lead in their print
6. Russia has become emboldened and increasingly aggressive
7. Iran has also become more emboldened and aggressive, has launched its first home-built earth satellite, and now has enough material to make a nuclear weapon
8. Pakistan has freed the notorious A.Q. Khan, who sold nuclear technology to North Korea, Libya and Iran, and has capitulated to the brutal Taliban in the Swat region
9. Obama has announced that he will close Guantanamo within a year -- even though his administration has no clear answer to the question of what to do with the most dangerous GITMO terrorists, including 9/11 matermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.
10. Obama has dropped charges against the U.S.S. Cole bombing suspect allegedly responsible for the deaths of American sailors. It's been a good month for terrorists.
Now, here is a list of the things that have gotten better since Obama became president:
Things That Have Gotten BETTER Since Obama Became President
1. America has had its first African American president. (Technically, this doesn't count, though, since it didn't happen after Obama became president).
2. . . . .
2. . . . . . .
2. . . . .
I guess that's it, then.
I can't wait to see Obama's second month in office.
Cross-posted at Right Wing News